The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource department and enforce company policies and practices.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- HS Diploma required and 3 -5 years experience in the Human Resources field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management preferred.
- Must have thorough knowledge of MS Office software.
- Must have excellent alpha numeric filing and data entry skills.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 30 words per minute.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent phone etiquette.
- Must be able to maintain a level of confidentiality with Human Resources information (i.e. Associates salaried information, performance issues, etc.)
- Must be able to handle confidential material related to Human Resources.
- Bilingual preferred
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the safety and legality of food.
- Assists with employment verifications, mortgage requests, court documents, etc.
- Conducts new employee orientations and set up profiles for all exempt level positions.
- Coordinates employee training activities.
- Assist in organizing company functions, flu clinics, hearing tests, open enrollment, etc.
- Maintains Human Resources Information System records and compiles reports from database as needed.
- Prepares first report of work-related injury, call in claims, and maintains strict follow-up of injured associates.
- Assists in facilitating all back to work requirements with injured worker on modified duty; including correspondence with injured worker.
- Assist with FMLA/Short Term Disability leaves.
- Participates in the company’s Safety Committee, and in administrative staff meetings, attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assist with preparation of reports for upcoming audits (i.e. Walmart, SQF, etc.)
- Coordinating employment activities.
- Assist with employee wellness.
- Acts as liaison between employee and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices and regulations.
- Collect and analyze human resources data, and make recommendations for changes to management.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software.
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters, such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of job descriptions.
- Must be able to work additional hours or beyond standard schedule with little or no notice.
- Perform or assist with any operations to maintain workflow or respond to production requirements.
- Performs other duties assigned as required.