Marina Team Supervisor oversees the operations and management of our marina. As a Marina Team Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the marina, providing exceptional customer service, and leading a team of marina staff. Your role will involve maintaining a safe and welcoming environment for vessels, coordinating vessel movements, manage and maintain a designated section, and effectively communicating with various stakeholders.
1. Supervise and lead a team of marina staff, providing guidance, training, and support to ensure efficient operations and exceptional customer service.
2. Ensure the proper care, maintenance, and cleanliness of designated areas within the marina, including docks, slips, common areas, and amenities.
3. Foster positive relationships with vessel owners, promoting a friendly and customer-oriented atmosphere within the marina.
4. Coordinate and oversee vessel movements, ensuring that someone is present and available to assist during arrivals, departures, and docking procedures.
5. Maintain regular communication and collaboration with marina, vessels, and travel lift personnel to facilitate smooth operations and address any concerns or issues promptly.
6. Report any potential issues, damages, or safety hazards to the marina manager and take appropriate actions to resolve them.
7. Create and maintain a comprehensive work list, scheduling and coordinating dock maintenance tasks, repairs, and improvements.
8. Document any accidents, incidents, or damages that occur within the marina, reporting them to the marina manager and implementing necessary corrective measures.
9. Lead by example, demonstrating professionalism, teamwork, and a strong work ethic, while motivating and inspiring the marina staff to achieve their best performance.
10. Contact arriving vessels within the next 24 hours to confirm vessel requirements, assign slip assignments, and ensure a smooth arrival and docking process.
11. Coordinate with onsite towing companies to confirm vessel movements for the following day and ensure efficient coordination of hauling and launching procedures.
12. Update the marina calendar and communicate upcoming vessel movements and events to the rest of the team, ensuring everyone is well-informed and prepared.
13. Connect with the marina manager every afternoon to confirm slip assessments for upcoming movements and discuss any immediate concerns or priorities.
14. Collaborate with the travel lifts to ensure proper coordination and organization of vessel launching, hauling, and repositioning operations.
15. Ensure the team is well-prepared and adequately equipped to perform their duties, providing necessary training, resources, and support.
16. Report any operational or customer service issues to the marina manager, suggesting improvements and implementing corrective actions as needed.
– High school diploma or equivalent; additional relevant certifications or training in marina management or related field is a plus.
– Proven experience in marina operations, preferably in a leadership or supervisory role.
– Strong knowledge of marina operations, safety regulations, and best practices.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with customers, team members, and stakeholders.
– Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities, with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
– Proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
– Proficient in using computer systems and software for scheduling, communication, and record-keeping.
– Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays, as required by the marina operations.