Project Engineer (Water and Wastewater Field)
Seeking a motivated individual for a permanent full-time Project Engineer position in our Fort Lauderdale office. This position entails engineering design and construction administration services related to potable water and wastewater treatment systems, pumping and transmission systems, and utility infrastructure, hydraulic modeling, as well as permitting and regulatory compliance consulting. Responsibilities include design development, preparation of construction drawings and technical specifications, preparation of technical reports, performing construction administration services, and on-site resident project representation services during construction.
Education and Experience: Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, 4 to 10 years of experience of increasing responsibility. Experience with water and wastewater utility systems design and construction. Experience with AutoCAD.
Registration: Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Florida, or ability to obtain licensure by reciprocity.
Interpersonal Skills: Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to supervise, coordinate, and manage engineering/technical staff. Supervise and train less experienced staff. Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
- Assist the Project Manager/Principal with preparation of engineering documents.
- Administration of construction contracts and performance of on-site resident project representation services.
- Coordination and participation in client meetings regarding project deliverables and construction progress.
- Supervise and train less experienced staff by providing guidance and reviewing their work.
- Work with Project Manager/Principal to manage projects from inception to completion.