The Senior Financial Analyst is a high-impact role that directly supports Executive Management decision making on various financial and operational issues. This position identifies and conducts complex analysis of financial impacts to issues and/or decisions facing the company and proposes strategies to maximize financial performance of the company. This individual will perform a variety of functions including analytics, projections, ownership of the budget process, and business modeling. The Senior Financial Analyst is expected to contribute as a thought leader in a fast paced environment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze historical, current and projected financial and operational information with the goal of delivering actionable recommendations for improvement to operations and establishing a basis for future projections.
• Develop complex modeling tools, such as predictive financial models, to automate analysis that will support critical decision-making and guide strategic thinking around key financial and operating metrics.
• Continuous improvement of financial reporting, budgeting, and modeling processes.
• Establish community profitability projections of ongoing and potential future projects and present them to Executive Management.
• Lead operational initiatives such as those around pricing, customer closings and other areas where data driven analysis is key to effective decision making.
• Communicate and work with other operational departments on various financial and operational issues.
• Identify, analyze, and communicate to Executive Management the impact on the Company’s financial structure, profitability, and competitive position utilizing relevant analytical methods and/or department forecasting models.
• Create presentations that enable Executive Management to make strategic decisions to meet business goals.
• Provide analytical support on multiple projects and ad-hoc requests that span across business functions.
• Other ad hoc analysis or related duties as requested by management.
• Other related duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year degree in Finance or Accounting is required and a minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience.
- Background in public accounting and/or similar analytical position is required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Expert-level analytical and financial modeling skills with the ability to make connections and
understand reporting dependencies
• Must have the ability to understanding the implications of new information for both current and
future problem-solving and decision-making
• Forward thinking with a holistic approach to analyze effect of changes
• Must be highly self-motivated in a high-energy, fast paced environment
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and when necessary, shift priorities quickly
• Highly proficient in Excel and in developing forecasting Excel models
• Strong organizational skills and follow through
• Detail oriented with a high-level of accuracy
• Must be able to work independently
• Must have good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels
throughout the organization
• Ability to meet deadlines and provide complete product in professional and presentable format.