Looking for a full-time Staff Engineer Intern, with 0 to 2 years of relevant work experience, based in our Fort Lauderdale office.
This position entails engineering design and construction administration services related to potable water, reclaimed water, and wastewater treatment plants. Projects will have a focus on treatment process optimization, pumping and transmission systems, utility infrastructure, treatment plant hydraulics, permitting compliance, and funding assistance.
Duties will include both in-office activities and field work (inspections, construction observation, etc.) including:
- Preparation of basis of design reports, construction drawings, and technical specifications.
- Participation in internal team and client meetings regarding progress of work.
- Assisting with business development and proposal efforts.
- Performance of stormwater facility field observations.
- Performance of on-site construction observation and contract administration.
- Works closely with Professional Engineer to support Professional Engineering Licensure.
Education and Experience:
- Interest in water and wastewater utility systems design and construction.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- 0 to 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Registered Engineer Intern in the State of Florida, or ability to obtain licensure within first year of employment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
What will make you stand out?
- Include an example of your AutoCAD work with your resume.
- Prior experience with water/wastewater treatment plant design and/or construction administration.